Sunday, May 11, 2014

Honk Honk! Beep Beep! Children's Book Review

Honk Honk! Beep Beep!

Father and child rise early for a trip to watch the sunrise on the mountaintop.  Along the way they meet many friendly faces, some headed the same direction, and others in their own vehicles—big rigs, bulldozers and trains--with their own places to go and things to do. Nothing beats the start of a brand new day, especially when there are many vehicles to spot along the way.  

With a simple, playful text and boldly colored, toy-like illustrations, Daniel Kirk captures the fun of a special drive.

This is such a cute little book with the illustrations and the story. I really like that the book is a board book. This is nice because the pages are also board, which allows the pages to last longer without the fear of the pages being ripped. The board pages also allow young readers to get used to flipping from page to page. 



The pictures and the colors that are used on each page are very nice. The colors are bright and the images have very nice detail. The words on each page are easy to ready not too little but also not too big. The colors of the words also show through the pictures and do not blend in to where you cannot read the page. This is very nice. 

The story itself is very kid friendly and perfect for little ones to enjoy. All kids wonder if their toys come to life and this story offers a cute idea of what toys would be if they were alive. I also like the flow of the story. It is simple enough for young readers to enjoy reading. 

About Daniel Kirk (www.danielkirk.com) is the successful writer and illustrator of numerous children's books. He has illustrated such popular titles as Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo and My Truck Is Stuck! as well as his own Snow Dude. He lives with his wife, illustrator Julia Gorton, and their children in Glen Ridge, New Jersey.

Where to purchase: You are able to purchase Honk Honk! Beep Beep! from Amazon for $6.29.

Disclosure: I received products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I cannot be held responsible for prizes not shipped to giveaway winners directly from the sponsoring company. It is the responsibility of the company sponsoring the giveaway to ensure the prizes are sent to the winner. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

1 Sweet Comments:

  1. what a cute book, I will have to check it out for my grandsons since they love to have me read to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...