Saturday, April 19, 2014

OMG: The Magic Mistake Kids Book Review

Being twelve years old is hard enough as it is without having to worry about taking care of other people’s problems for them. Little Lacey Unger-Ware can attest to this, as this is exactly what she has been tasked with doing. It’s a good thing she has super-powers to help her accomplish the task! In the second OMG (Oh My Godmother) outing, Lacey has been tasked with helping a woman named Gina discover true love in less than a week. This is an awfully big test for such a small Godmother. Throw in the consequence of becoming cursed if she fails, and you have stakes that are even higher for poor little Lacey. Not to be mistaken as foreboding, the book remains upbeat and positive, in spite of the tall odds that Lacey faces. 

The second book in the OMG series is a great time for younger readers who get bored easily. It is silly, fun, and has illustrations to help bring the tale to life. This book can be read as a sequel to the first, but this is not necessary as it does a good job on its own in case you missed the first. It is a fairly short read. Dedicated youth readers will probably finish it in a couple of sittings. I think that this is good, books that are too long can confuse or intimidate young readers, this book will leave them wanting to read the first if they have not already. 

My daughter loves to read, and is a surprisingly sharp critic for her age (she is ten). After reading this book, she not only told me that she really liked it, but was able to also remember exactly why. This is what I love to see in my kids, curiosity that makes them want to read, and enlightenment after they do. OMG, The Magic Mistake both captured her attention and held it to the end. It is a great book for kids and a wonderful addition to any collection. 

Where to purchase: You are able to purchase Oh My Godmother The Magic Mistake on Amazon for $12.72.

Disclosure: I received products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I cannot be held responsible for prizes not shipped to giveaway winners directly from the sponsoring company. It is the responsibility of the company sponsoring the giveaway to ensure the prizes are sent to the winner. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.


0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...