Monday, March 10, 2014

Carrie Review

Fear her power! Unleash the telekinetic horror with CARRIE from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. An exhilarating reimagining of Stephen King’s iconic best-seller from director Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don’t Cry, Stop-Loss), this tale of small town terror stars ChloĆ« Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass 2, Dark Shadows) and Julianne Moore (Don Jon, Game Change).

Carrie is a reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White (ChloĆ« Grace Moretz), a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother (Julianne Moore), who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom. 

Directed by Kimberly Peirce and produced by Kevin Misher, with a screenplay by Lawrence D. Cohen and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the film is a production of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Screen Gems and was released in theaters on October 18, 2013.

I love a good story. Sometimes I like to laugh and need a comedy, other times I am happy and just want to watch a good love story. When it comes to scary movies, I am always ready to watch. For me, there is nothing quite like a good horror story. A very few horror stories have earned the reputation of epic. A very well known, epic horror story actually launched the career of one of today’s greatest and most influential author, Steven King. The story Carrie had already been adapted into film in the 70’s, and has recently been re-imagined with modern cinematography and special effects. I was very anxious to see this movie when it released, as I loved the original. 

The movie starts out as most modern day horror films do. It clearly paints the picture of a troubled and desperate girl, much as the original did in the 70’s. The entire plot and story of Carrie builds into its climax just as the original did. While there are obviously differences in the filmmaking itself, I found this new version of Carrie to be thoroughly refreshing, while complimenting the original with updated storytelling and modern cinematic effects. 
There is little argument to be made against the fact that the story leads straight to the climax, the prom massacre. If you haven’t seen this amazing movie yet, or the original, just stop reading now and go check it out. For all of the rest of you who have seen the original, it is my opinion that the reinvention of the prom scene in 2013’s Carrie is better than the original. It is utterly twisted; the horrible accidents caused by Carries power are displayed rather realistically. Two girls get trampled to death in a rush of terrified students, all fleeing to doors that Carrie has sealed with her magic. One of the girls is let on fire, and goes down screaming in agony. The new movie even pays respect to the original scene of Carrie blowing up the car that is escaping in the end. 

This is a perfectly genuine remake film that pays the original movie and story justice. I recommend it to fans of the original, and anyone who enjoys suspenseful supernatural thrillers. This film will definitely not disappoint. 

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD™. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and distribution of film and television content globally. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content. In addition, MGM has investments in domestic and international television channels. For more information, visit www.mgm.com.

Where to purchase: You can purchase Carrie [Blu-ray] from Amazon for $20.81.

Disclosure: I received products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I cannot be held responsible for prizes not shipped to giveaway winners directly from the sponsoring company. It is the responsibility of the company sponsoring the giveaway to ensure the prizes are sent to the winner. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

3 Sweet Comments:

  1. I saw the original Carrie back when I was a teenager. Being from Maine and this being based on a book by Stephen King I just had to see it because he lives in Bangor Maine, not to mention my all time favorite Author of Horror Stories. I thought it was awesome back then, I can't imagine it with the graphics of today. It's now at our local Redbox but was out last time I tried to get it so I'll have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this recently and thought it was really good. I like how it basically stuck to the original movie but added in little bits of modern things such as cell phones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband and I recently watched this version and were pleasantly surprised. remakes aren't always very good but we really liked it! very creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...