Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Romeo & Juliet Blu-ray Review

William Shakespeare’s epic and searing love story has been revitalized for a whole new generation by Academy Award®-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes* and acclaimed director Carlo Carlei. Douglas Booth and Academy Award® Nominee Hailee Steinfeld** lead an extraordinary ensemble cast as Romeo and Juliet, the star-crossed youths who fall for each other in spite of their feuding families. Filled with lush, enchanting imagery amid its original setting in Verona, Italy, this legendary tale of romance remains timeless and transcendent...and as powerful as ever. 

I have always been a huge fan of the Romeo and Juliet story. I love reading or in this case watching a movie about how two fall in love with all odds against them and would rather not live then live apart.  I remember when I was in high school when I was required to read the book and how every moment stuck with me. However, there are several different versions of this classic love story. Some were a fail for me but this one would have to be my all-time favorite Romeo and Juliet movie to watch.  

This movie offers stunning backdrops, beautiful costumes and amazing performances from the actors. The connection that Romeo and Juliet have with each other is amazing and really draws you into the story. The movie however is not word for word like the original play, which is perfectly fine with me.  I love that the story is more a movie then a play. 

I am so happy I have had the chance to see this timeless romance once again in a movie. However, this time I feel that it offers a fresher take on the play for the newer generation to enjoy. 

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD™. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

Where to purchase: You are able to make a purchase from local retailers. You are also able to purchase Romeo & Juliet [Blu-ray] from Amazon for $17.99.

Disclosure: I received products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I cannot be held responsible for prizes not shipped to giveaway winners directly from the sponsoring company. It is the responsibility of the company sponsoring the giveaway to ensure the prizes are sent to the winner. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...