Sunday, June 9, 2013

Zevia Zero Calorie Soda Review

I don't know about your house, but at my house, we sometimes drink a lot of pop. It isn't unusual for our house to go through two 24 packs of pop a week. Of course, we do get the kids to drink a lot of capri-sun, apple juice, lemonade and water. But it never fails, my family loves pop, all of us. Recently, I was given the chance to work with a company that offers all natural soda that is sweetened with stevia. Plus, it offers zero calories. Zevia was kind enough to send me six different flavors all of which were great.

Zevia is the original zero calorie, all natural soda sweetened with stevia.
Zevia offers a huge selection of flavors: 

Cola
Ginger Root Beer
Dr. Zevia
Lemon Lime Twist
Black Cherry
Ginger Ale 
Orange
Grape 
Grapefruit Citrus
Mountain Zevia
Caffeine Free Cola
Cream Soda
Strawberry
Cherry Cola
Lime Cola
During my review I was sent:
Cherry Cola
Ginger Root Beer
Grapefruit Citrus
Grape
Cream Soda
Ginger Ale

You can click on each flavor to read the individual product description and also the nutritional information.

Cherry Cola: This one was one of my favorite flavors that I had the chance to enjoy. It offers a true cherry taste, almost like it is right off of the vine. The cherry flavor is noticeable but in a very pleasant way. If you like Cherry Cola this is one you should try.


Ginger Root Beer: I am not a big fan of ginger, but have always loved root beer. My hubby was actually really impressed with how well it tasted. He did say it did not taste as heavy as the mass marketed "root beers" of today, but was a lighter and more pleasant experience. He really enjoyed the flavor that was offered. 


Grapefruit Citrus: I wasn't sure how much I would actually like this flavor but after the first sip I was pleasantly surprised. As with the other flavors, the grapefruit was authentic in taste, but the bitter and unpleasant aftertaste that goes with grapefruit was somehow removed, and it tasted great without having tablespoons of sugar to accompany it. 


Grape: Now this one I was excited to try. Since I was little girl I have always loved the flavor of grape. Whether it was a Popsicle or slush puppy I just love grape. This flavor is by far the best flavored of the sodas that I was sent. The flavor was very pleasant and really offered a fruity grape flavor. 


Cream Soda: I knew I was really going to like this one before I tried it. I have always loved the flavor of cream soda and Zevia did not disappoint with the flavor that they offered in their cream soda. 

It does also have a nice caramel color to it.

Ginger Ale: This one is another flavor that I typically don't like but I decided to try it one night when my stomach was upset. The flavor really reminded me of ginger ale but was not as strong as many brands that are available. The lack of processed sugar made it even better for quieting an upset stomach. 

My family and I have really enjoyed the Zevia drinks. The thing about this type of beverage that you have to remember is that they are much more healthy than the sodas that dominate today's market. The immediate flavor of the drinks will probably seem a little disappointing if you compare it with the sugar filled sodas that sell a million cases a day. After a couple of tries you can really get behind the flavor of reduced sugar and other unnecessary and unhealthy ingredients. The carbonation of these sodas was better than the major market brands, something that I really loved. After you get used to them the flavors are very nice and the drinks are a very healthy alternative choice. Your teeth and blood will appreciate the switch.

You can show some love by liking Zevia on Facebook and on Twitter.

Where to purchase: You can go to the Zevia website and type in your zip code to find a store near you to make a purchase.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...