Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Confession DVD Review

Beverly Lewis' the Confession (2013)

Based on the second novel in the acclaimed "The Heritage of Lancaster County" series by Beverly Lewis' The Confession continues the story of Katie Lapp (played by Katie Leclerc), a young Amish woman on a life-changing journey to find her English—or modern American—birth mother, the terminally ill Laura Mayfield-Bennett (Sherry Stringfield). Katie's mission is thwarted, though, by Dylan (Adrian Paul), Laura's husband, whose elaborate, fraudulent attempt to inherit Laura's wealth conceals Katie's true identity. Despite Dylan's deception, Katie's quiet faithfulness speaks volumes to Laura, who discerns that Katie is much more than hired help.



I am really happy I had this chance to review The Confession, since I had done a review on The Shunning before. The first thing I noticed was the actress that played Katie Lapp had been changed. Honestly I was OK with the actress being changed because I know the actress that is playing Katie from a TV show that I watch.  I was really impressed with how well Katie portrayed here character Katie Lapp within the role. She displayed her feeling and emotions amazingly throughout the movie. 

The story offers young Katie as she is on a mission to find her birth mother. During the mission all she has is her name and a general area that she lives in. As she is looking for her mother she comes in contact with an impostor. 

I love to watch family friendly movies and this is one is just that. I was able to watch the movie with my kids around without worrying what they might hear or see. I do however suggest you watching the first movie to understand the second movie. While watching the movie you are drawn into the story-line and characters. There is so much offered within the movie. There is concern like how Katie worries about how the whole impact will affect the Amish family that raised her. There is also humor, some romance, conflicts, suspense and much more.  I am really happy that I had the chance to review the second movie 'The Confession'. I just can't wait until the next one comes out. 

You can show some love by liking The Confession on Facebook.

Where to purchase: You are able to purchase Beverly Lewis' the Confession from Amazon for $14.96.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...