Saturday, April 13, 2013

UVA/UVB Sunscreen Protection for Hair and Skin ~ Plus Sun Bum Review

 The weather is finally getting warmer which is a friendly reminder to wear daily SPF and use color protecting shampoos and conditioners!

Go beyond preserving your hair color’s brilliance this spring and summer – protect its health too.


TOUCHBACK PLUS is a system of dual UVA/UVB-protective shampoos and conditioners that help maintain hair’s optimum color intensity and prevent fading, while also providing superior dual UVA/UVB sunscreen protection and hydration.  Go ahead and soak up the sun without subjecting your hair to harmful UV rays or stripping it of its vivid color and shine.


In addition to providing sunscreen protection, TouchBack Plus goes one step further to actually improve the condition and health of your hair, delivering smoothing and reparative benefits to dry, damaged strands, so you can enjoy your fun-in-the-sun with no regrets. TouchBack Plus revitalizes hair adding manageability, shine and a healthy dose of color to both natural and color-treated hair with nourishing formulas that include sunflower, chamomile flower, green tea leaf, rose hips and lemon peel extracts… no ammonia, peroxide or sulfates.

Available in eight shades and CLEAR – Rich Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Brown, Ash Blonde, Golden Blonde, Light Auburn and Dark Auburn.

COLOR Leave-In Conditioner: $29.95 
CLEAR Leave-In Conditioner:  $24.95

Where to purchase: available at www.ulta.com and www.TouchBackPlus.com

SUN BUM has a collection of lotions (SPF 15, 30, 50, 70+) and continuous sprays (SPF 15, 30, 50, 70+), Face Sticks in SPF 30, as well as a pro line (SPF 30, 50).  After sun soothers are also available in lotion, spray and gel!  


I have never tried Sun Bum prior to this review. I have to say that I am a huge fan. Sun Bum is amazing and works great, it also has a catchy name.

The Sun Bum Sunscreen offers SPF70+ which is nice when you have kids that constantly play outside when it is warm out. When the weather is nice I don't even hardly get to see them because all they care about is playing and having fun. Me the mother I care about them staying safe as well as myself staying safe. That is were Sun Bum sunscreen comes in. I like to sit in a chair and watch my kids so I of course have to put sunscreen on all three of use. I am really happy with how this product works. After several hours of my kids playing (and me relaxing) I haven't had to worry about any burns. Our skin didn't even get red. Unless you count my kids faces from playing so hard. This product is also waterproof and sweat-proof. I know that my kids are now protected the entire time they are playing.




The lip balms are great to use on hot days when your lips start to dry out and you need to get some moisture to them quickly. The lip balms I received were the Key Lime and Mango. I really like that my lips didn't feel like they were covered in gunk after using these lip balms. They really soften and add moisture back into your lips, while at the same time offering protection from the sun. I don't know if you have ever had your lips burnt, but it hurts. These lip balms work great, and really offer a lot of protection. My kids pretty much took control of them, so I made them choose which one they wanted. It is really cute to see your little ones out in the yard pull a lip balm out of their pocket and apply it themselves. They tell me that they like how it feels on their lips too.

ABOUT SUN BUM: Founded in Cocoa Beach, the collection was created by tried-and-true sun bums to protect their own family, friends, and community from the intense and harmful rays of the Florida sun. Every formula delivers the broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection you need without the junk you don’t (parabens, PABA, etc.). Sun Bum sunscreens are tested, approved and recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation—the ultimate (and strictest!) authority on shielding your skin. 

Where to purchase: Available at www.trustthebum.com

Disclosure: I was not compensated in anyway for this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...