Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CrispRoot Cassava Root Chips Review

I am always looking for new tasty and healthy snacks to try. I have found so many different cookies, crackers and granola bars that are healthy and are really good too! The one thing I have had a little trouble in finding is chips or something similar to chips. I was given the chance to do a review on something that is like a chip the CrispRoot.

CrispRoot chips are made from the exotic and healthy Cassava Root. These chips have 30% less fat and offer the double in fiber then regular chips. The Cassava root chips are also gluten free and dairy free. The CrispRoot chips are offered in four different favors; Seasalt, Original, BBQ Bliss, and Thai Ginger. During my review I was sent each flavor to enjoy.


The very first thing I noticed was that the bag was made of very thick material, I would say 2 or 3 times as thick as most other brands. It was a little hard to open so I suggest using scissors. It is not a major inconvenience it just lets you know that your chips are going to be very fresh.
The first bag I opened was the BBQ Bliss and the original. My kids and I love these two flavors so I had to try these ones out first. I was a little leery on how the Crisproot Chip would compare to the regular potato chips we purchase on a weekly basis. How will the texture be, how will they taste, what about the aftertaste? These are some of the questions I was wondering. The smell of the chips in the bag was very nice, they smelled very different from regular potato chips. The first few chips I tried I noticed that the chips do have a different texture not like a chip I am used to, they were more dense. The flavor and texture, although different, were not bad. Cassava chips could almost pass as potato chips at first bite, but there is an aftertaste that requires some getting used to. Remember that these chips are not potato, they are more healthy, gluten free, and contain more fiber. You should really be open to trying new flavors when trying Cassava chips for the first time.
 
 I think that now would be a great time to mention that these chips are perfect for dipping. They are much thicker than the usual chip and will not get soggy, or break apart into your dip. If you love to dip, these chips would definitely be worth your while. They will actually fill you up pretty quick too. I found that a combination of the original flavor and sour cream and onion dip was a very good one.
 
The next flavor I tried was the Sea-salt which was good, the lightly salted chips were perfect compared to the usual heavily-salted chips that aren't a very healthy choice. If you like sea salt this is definitely the chip for you. The texture and aftertaste was similar to the the other chips. But the flavor was spot on with the sea salt.
The last flavor I tried was the Thai Ginger which was a little different for me. My hubby actually liked these the best, he said that they reminded him of rye chips. He likes oriental and exotic spices so these were perfect chips for him.

All-in-all the CrispRoot is a tasty and healthy alternative and to regular potato chips.

About the company: Arico Natural Foods introduced Cassava Chips to the American market in 2007. In 2011 it launched CrispRoot chips – formulated with ridges for great dipping and a whole new crunch. With family ties to Indonesia where cassava is sustainably grown, the CrispRoot team nurtures every aspect of the chip making process from tree to table. No artificial ingredients will ever be added to its products.

You can show some love by liking CrispRoot on Facebook and Twitter.

Where to purchase: You are able to make a purchase through the CrispRoot website for $3.99 a bag.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.


2 Sweet Comments:

  1. Hi my loved one! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all significant infos.
    I'd like to peer extra posts like this .
    My web site - http://www.coolandgentle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...