Friday, January 11, 2013

Think Fun Pathwords Jr. Review


My family really enjoys playing fun games together. Because I have little ones, I love games that allow my kids to play and learn at the same time. I am super excited to share another item I had the chance to review from ThinkFun, Pathwords Jr. This game is great for kids 6 and up and perfect for a single player. Plus, it really helps new readers have fun while helping them explore new words.

There are several Think Fun games for all ages 4 and up like Junior Games, Logic Games, Family Games, and Brainteasers. Think Fun Games offer certain games for certain skills like Reasoning, Visual, Memory, Verbal, and Math.

There are several different online games you can play. While they also offer apps for the iPhone and the Android. So, whether you are home with the kids or at the Dr.'s with your little ones you can offer them online games to play.


 

Okay, I have to admit this game is great. I mean my kids have had a real blast playing with Pathwords Jr. It has been perfect for my little boy who is 5 and is starting to read. This game comes with a game grid with storage for the puzzle pieces and a spiral bound book with 40 challenges from beginners to expert. The puzzle pieces also consist of 6 colors.

The set up of the game is very easy. You simply choose a challenge from the booklet, the beginner challenges are a good place to start. Select the appropriate challenge and flip to that page in the book, place the book inside the grid and slide the plastic cover over the words. Every challenge looks like a word search. 

The plastic cover is like a shallow grid/ice cube tray. there are tetris shaped pieces that sit down in the dips, these are used to find the words. I call them word finders. The word finders are see-through, and brilliantly tinted different colors, highlighting each found word with a fun color. 
 

As you play throughout the challenges, they get harder. There are hints to go along with the challenges. Unlike traditional word finders, the words in this game turn corners, and are never just up and down, or side to side. It didn't take long for my five year old to get the hang of it, however, and he had a blast. 
Of course, my daughter flew right thought it. But, she has always loved working puzzles.

My family has really found this game to be a blast. I personally love that it is for a single player. This way when I am preoccupied doing something else, my little boy can still play a game, have fun and learn.


About the company: ThinkFun was founded in 1985 by husband and wife team Bill Ritchie and Andrea Barthello. They were founded with a dream that could change the world through play, and at 25 years young, they are living that dream.  Today, ThinkFun is a respected global company represented in over 60 countries and translated into over 20 languages.  
 Where to purchase: You can purchase the Pathwords Jr. for $19.99 and other games on Think Fun website. You are also able to order from Amazon. Prices will vary depending on what you purchase. You can show some love by liking ThinkFun on Facebook and following them on Twitter.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...