Monday, September 24, 2012

The Spice Goddess Takes On The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

 The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is available on 
Blu-ray, DVD and Movies On Demand!

Spice Goddess, Chef Bal Arneson (Food Network and Cooking Channel Canada) checked out the movie and filmed her take on the movie along with her recipe for Butter Chicken.

"Growing up vegetarian, I had never eaten butter chicken. The first time I tried it was
in a restaurant here in North America. Often I cook it with the low fat yogurt to make a nice sauce, but on special occasion, I add a little bit cream to give a very nice thick aromatic beautiful creamy sauce. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie is a special movie and is very close to my heart because every time I watch it takes me right back to my village in India. I had  several of my girlfriends over and I made this recipe and we ate it while watched the movie." 

Bal’s Butter Chicken
 
4 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 Tbsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp coriander seeds
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground turmeric
Salt to taste
1 cup tomatoes- diced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into
bite-sized pieces
1 cup cream
1 cup water

Place the oil in a skillet over medium to high heat, add the onion, garlic and ginger
and saute until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and cook for 30 seconds.

Reduce the heat to low, add the garam masala, red pepper flakes, turmeric, and salt, and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Mix in the chicken and cook until the chicken is almost done, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cream and water, and cook until the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Serve it with basmati rice, nans and/or roties.


Where to purchase: You are able to purchase The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [Blu-ray] from Amazon for $29.99.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...