Friday, August 10, 2012

Mirror Mirror Blu-ray Review

 A FRESH AND FUN MOTION PICTURE BASED
ON THE SNOW WHITE LEGEND
 
Directed by visionary filmmaker Tarsem Singh (Immortals), MIRROR MIRROR is a visually-spectacular, fresh and funny retelling of the classic Snow White legend.  This family comedy features a star-studded cast including Academy Award®-winner Julia Roberts as the evil Queen, breakout star Lily Collins (The Blind Side) as Snow White, Armie Hammer (The Social Network) as the Prince, and Golden Globe® nominee Nathan Lane as the hapless bungling servant to the Queen.  The film also stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones) as the King and Mare Winningham (Brothers) as Baker Margaret and showcases the stunning costumes from Academy Award®-winning designer Eiko Ishioka (Dracula).

The Blu-ray includes sparkling extras including a behind-the-scenes featurette, a toe-tapping dance-along to the reworked Nina Hart song “I Believe in Love” performed by the film’s Collins that plays over the end credits, interactive digital storybook, deleted scenes and much more.

MIRROR MIRROR tells the story of Snow White (Collins), a princess in exile and the evil Queen (Roberts) who ruthlessly rules her captured kingdom.  Seven courageous rebel dwarfs join forces with Snow White as she fights to reclaim her birthright and win her Prince in this magical comedy filled with jealousy, romance, and betrayal that will capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences the world over.  The film is produced by Bernie Goldmann (300), Relativity’s Ryan Kavanaugh (The Fighter) and Brett Ratner (Rush Hour franchise).   MIRROR MIRROR’S screen story was written by Melisa Wallack, and the screenplay was written by Marc Klein and Jason Keller.

 
I have never been so happy and impressed with such a modern day makeover on a Disney tale. As a kid, I loved Snow White but this remake is absolutely amazing. The characters are largely the same as I remember from before, but there are some added personalities to the characters. Snow White seems to be so much more independent and is able to go against the queen. From the moment the movie started, my little girl and I were hooked. The costumes are breath-taking and so colorful. My little girl was wishing that we could have a life-like Snow White did with the big beautiful dresses. There is really a magical feel to the movie that simply draws you in. I am not really familiar with Lily Collins, whom plays the character Snow White, but she does a marvelous job. Of course Julia Roberts plays evil very well and as always I love the character she is able to play in movies. I would have to say you must watch this movie. Kids and adults both can enjoy this movie and find things that they love about it together.


You can show some love by liking Fox Home Entertainment on Facebook and liking Fox Home Entertainment on Twitter. 

Where to purchase: You are able to purchase the Mirror Mirror [Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy] from Amazon for $29.86.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...