Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ecover Natural Cleaning Supplies Review

Over the past few years my family and I have really made changes to make our lives more Eco-friendly. As times moves forward, we choose to go with items that are more natural and contain less chemicals. When I came across Ecover I couldn't help but be impressed with what I read about the items, and even the packaging. I am so happy to introduce you to some of their products that I had the chance to review.


There is a very nice array of products offered by Ecover. There are products for dish-washing, laundry, household, personal care and much more. Ecover offers several natural products for anyone that lives or is wanting explore a natural Eco-friendly lifestyle.


Dishwashing Liquid
with Grapefruit and Green Tea
In the past, I have tried a few "green" dish-washing liquids, but was not impressed. So having the chance to do a review on the Ecover Dish-washing Liquid in Grapefruit & Green Tea scent was a perfect opportunity to try something new. Upon receiving the dish liquid I couldn't help but immediately fall in love with the scent. It was not overwhelming, instead offering me a really pleasant scent to enjoy while washing the dishes. 

I was really IMPRESSED with the cleaning action. This is one thing I have not been impressed with in the past with other brands. The Ecover dish liquid does not offer a ton of subs, so I was impressed that it cleaned my dishes so well. The dish liquid is not over watery and I found myself not having to use as much for a sink full as I do with most other brands. You will love how well the product cleans your dishes and how it really cuts thought grease. Plus, as a bonus, it leaves your hands feeling really nice after cleaning with it.

Laundry Liquid 2.5X concentrate Sunny Day
34 Loads = 51 HE Loads
I was really excited to review the laundry detergent as dirty clothes tend to get a little backed up from time to time. The laundry never ends. I was sent the Ecover Laundry Liquid Detergent in the scent Sunny Day. The bottle is a 51 fl. oz. bottle and is made out of 100% PlantPlastic. I love the design of the handle. There are groves which allows your hands and fingers to naturally contour to the handle for a more comfortable feeling. If you are a mom that's looking to keep your family's skin safe, washing with a natural detergent makes perfect sense. 

After I washed my first load, I could quickly tell just how well this detergent actually works. For one there is no color so you don't have to worry about a dark blue or green sitting too long on a shirt and by chance ruining it. This has no color to it, I feel it is safe for all colors. I was also very impressed with how well my family's clothes smelled. The scent offered isn't overly strong but has enough scent to lightly freshen your clothes. I love how clean and bright our clothes have come out of the wash. 


There are also some other great features that you are able to enjoy when using this detergent: no chlorine, no phosphates, no optical brighteners, biodegradable, suitable for septic tanks, and not tested on animals.

Car Wash and Wax
With it being that time of the year, we are all in the process to have our cars looking like they did when we got them off the lot. Oh yes my car has looked horrible all winter long. I live on a county dirt road so in the winter it is best to just wait until it is warm again to wash it. So of course when I received the Ecover Car Wash & Wax, it really got me in the mood to get my car looking amazing. 

I will start by saying I did read the instructions since there is wax in the car wash. I am glad that I did since it does clearly state not to use in direct sunlight. So, of course, my family and I just waited until evening when the sun was going down and it wasn't as hot. You only have to use 1 1/2 tablespoons per gallon of cold water. So, it does go a long way, which is really nice. My family and I each used our favorite things to wash cars with from clothes to sponges, which ever one is perfectly fine. After the car was all done we then dried it with a cloth or chamois. 


I noticed right after the car was all done how clean my car really looked, and the shine was amazing. To be honest it has been a while since my SUV has looked this good, and I couldn't be more impressed with this product. The wax really shined my car and also it leaves a protective layer. If you are looking for a product that is safe on your car to use and make it look great, then the Ecover Car Wash & Wax is the one I would choose.


About the company: Respect, Integrity and Commitment ~ We know these qualities aren't that unusual, or even exciting, for a person to strive towards.  But, for a business to zero in on these traits, and keep them top of mind in all their choices, be they manufacturing, formulation, or beyond makes for a special sort of work-place. We're not keeping it internal though.  Our Vision extends outward, to contribute to creating economical, ecological and social change within society, for the future of us all.

You can show some love by liking Ecover on Facebook and following them on Twitter.

Where to purchase: You are able to make a purchase from the Ecover web store. You can also look under the Where To Buy tab to see where else you can purchased the Ecover Products.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

3 Sweet Comments:

  1. You really gave Ecover's products a good workout, and we're so pleased to hear that they all did the job! From the scent and effectiveness of the Dish Soap to the "clean and bright" clothes to the gloriously shiny car ... it sounds like you were impressed all-around. We couldn't be happier. Thanks for trying all of these ecological cleaners and for sharing your experiences on your blog. Hopefully more and more people will start to live more sustainably too. Thanks, and take care!
    -Deb for Ecover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?


    Web Design ChennaiCar Wash | Carwash | Car Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



    Car Wash | Carwash | Car Cleaning

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...