Friday, April 13, 2012

THUMBELINA Blu-ray Review

 THUMBELINA

From world renowned animator Don Bluth (Anastasia, All Dogs Go to Heaven, The Secret of NIMH) and award-winning composer Barry Manilow comes Hans Christian Andersen's Thumbelina - a magical story that reminds us that if we follow our hearts, nothing is impossible. When Thumbelina, a tiny enchanted fairy, meets Prince Cornelius, she is sure she's found her heart's desire. But before their romance can blossom, she is kidnapped by a family of show business toads, detained by a scheming beetle and married to a befuddled mole! As Thumbelina casts its magical spell on your entire family, you will see why Family Life says, "Parents will be cheering, girls will be in heaven and boys will be rewarded with exciting derring-do!"


I was recently given the opportunity to review “Thumbelina”. I jumped at the chance, not only because I loved this movie as a child, but because I now have a little girl of my own, who’s movie collection lacked the presence of this true classic.


The story was written by Hans Christian Anderson, a visionary writer who is behind many great fairytales. The movie Is entertaining and loved by children for its colorful world, playfully magical elements, and full circle story.

There are some morals hidden in this movie, which seem to be disappearing a little more and more with each generation of children’s films. Being digitally re-mastered for blue ray discs was a much needed face-lift, as the movie is a little older than most children are now accustomed to. Once again, it shines on the screen with all of its former glory.

I am so happy to own this film in a modern format. It has been years since I threw out my old VHS tapes. I enjoyed watching it again. Even though I am older now, I probably enjoyed it more this time around because I got to share it with my little girl, and I can now safely say that we both love it.

You can show some love by liking Fox Home Entertainment on Facebook and following Fox Home Entertainment on Twitter. 

Where to purchase: You are able to purchase the Thumbelina [Blu-ray] from Amazon for $15.99.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...