Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Forgiven Duke Book Review

Tethered by her impulsive promise to marry Lord John Lemon - the path of least resistance - Alexandria Featherstone sets off toward Iceland in search of her parents with a leaden heart. A glimpse of her guardian, the Duke of St. Easton - the path less traveled by - on Dublin’s shore still haunts her.

Will he come after her? Will he drag her back to London, quelling her mission to rescue her treasure-seeking parents, or might he decide to throw caution to the wind and choose Foy Pour Devoir: “Faith for Duty,” the St. Easton motto. The Featherstone motto Valens et Volens: “Willing and Able,” beats in her heart and thrums through her veins. She will find her parents and find their love, no matter the cost.

The powerful yet wing-clipped Duke of St. Easton has never known the challenge that has become his life since hearing his ward’s name. Alexandria Featherstone will be the life or the death of him. Only time and God’s plan will reveal just how much this man can endure for the prize of love.



The Forgiven Duke” is a new novel by Jamie Carie and a must read for anyone who craves suspenseful and masterfully crafted storylines with religious values and morals. Before being sent this book to review, I had never read any of Mrs. Carie’s work. After this, she has added another fan to her following. So many authors lack a definitive “paper personality” that separate them from the rest of the crowd. You can tell when reading Mrs. Carie’s work that she is a very unique and compelling author. Her voice rings in the words and the uniqueness and care that was put into the story is immediate and an absolute joy to read. There are suspenseful moments, and there are sad moments. Sorrow gives way to hope and that seems to be the enduring message of the story. Hats are off to Jamie for her accomplishment with this story.

Reading the prologue gave me no idea of what the inside journey was going to consist of, and when I say “journey” I mean it in every sense of the word. This book almost defines “Journey” of both the soul and the physical world. The protagonist, Alexandria Featherstone, has agreed to marry under false pretense. Any reason to get married other than love is “false pretense”. She is in search of her parents and needs all and any help she can get. So her situation finds her searching for not only her parents, but herself. Her heart lies with another man who is out of reach. She is surrounded by those who seem to care about her situation, but much of the time she seems all alone.

This book surprised me through its sort-of complex telling and unraveling plot that leads to long reading sessions. This is no “read it in one sit-down” book. There is a lot of content between the paper covers and some of that content required pause for proper interpretation. The book graced my nightstand with its presence for over a week. When I was through, I gave it to my grandmother so she could enjoy it. We have already shared a few phone calls about it, and she loves it too.

I sincerely recommend this book to all who find extravagant reading enjoyable. I hope you’ll check it out and find it as interestingly-enjoyable as I have.


Where to purchase: You are able to purchase "The Forgiven Duke: A Forgotten Castles Novel" on Amazon for $9.97 starting July 2012.


Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 Sweet Comments:

  1. I follow you on Networked Blogs under the name Lily Kwan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...