Monday, February 27, 2012

Morphology Review

My kids are getting a little older and I have been looking for new and fun games to play with them. We have all of the traditional games like Guess Who, Candy land, and others. But, I like to try new games that offer a little bit more than just learning colors, counting, rolling dice and moving spaces, and so on. Don't get me wrong, these are fun too, but I want to have more of a variety. Morphology offered to send me their game, aptly named Morphology. This game offers a new way to play, getting your mind thinking, and you laughing.


About the company: Morphology Games launched in late fall of 2009, quickly selling out its original units and in 2010, went to the New York Toy Fair where it received two “Top New Toys of 2010” nods. In the fall of 2010, Morphology was selected as TIME’s Top Ten Toys list as the Number 2 Toy of the Year.

 
Morphology priced at $29.99, is a fun board game requiring players to dip into a goody bag full of string, wooden sticks, glass beads and colored cubes to create a designated object chosen from a deck of cards. Correctly guess the words your teammates build to be the first team to reach the Final Lily Pad. For more of a challenge you may be asked to flex your creative muscles by closing your eyes, using your weaker hand, or only pick 5 objects to use while conjuring your given word.  Each game includes 480 cards, 50 pieces of material, a timer, a die and team pieces.


Not only do they offer Morphology for ages 13 and up, there is also the Junior Morphology. This is great for the younger crowd. These games offer a fun way to really think while having lots of fun.
The moment we received this exciting new game, my daughter was ready to play. I know she is only 8 but, I knew she would be able to play this game with no problem. She is very artsy and makes crazy things with odds and ends things around the house all of the time. This was obviously perfect for her. After reading the instructions, we got some junk food and drinks. Of course, we need junk food and drinks to go along with what ever we are doing. My little boy wanted to play but since he is four he became my helper. I know cheating, right? Within no time we were playing the game, laughing and really using our minds which were being stimulated by imagination. I swear some of the things we had to make were almost impossible, but we did it. I think that making the object is harder than guessing. The timer seems like it moves extremely fast, but it only seems like it because you are forced to think so quickly. And remember, time flies when you're having fun, right? It definitely does when you play Morphology. This game is super fun and I can see us playing this over and over again. We actually have a game night over the weekend, and I think this will make a great addition to our perfect little tradition.


You can show some love by liking Morphology on Facebook and following them on Twitter.


Where to purchase: You are able to purchase from the Morphology website and select retailers online and in stores. You are also able to purchase Morphology on Amazon for $29.99.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...