Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide 2011: HandStand Kids Review


My kids love to help me in the kitchen when I am cooking or baking. This also givens them some knowledge of how to be safe in the kitchen and also how to cook. The only thing I have really been lacking is aprons and oven mitts that are sized for little kids. Also, a cookbook that is designed with food that has kids in mind. HandStand Kids sent me several items to review which made my kids really happy. Plus, HandStand Kids offers items that make some family fun times together.


About the company:**********The Handstand Kids Cookbook Company aims to use international cooking to create a global community of children and empower kids to take a stand in their own community. Cooking is a fantastic way to promote health and nutrition, explore different cultures, encourage family togetherness and give to others in need. Our books, newsletters and website introduce children to a variety of charitable organizations and show them how they can use their new cooking abilities to help others.**********

There are five Handstand Kids featured throughout the series, kid chefs can follow along as Felix, Izzy, Ari, Gabby and Marvin learn about the recipes, culture and language of a new country. The Handstand Kids offer helpful hints about cooking. They are a diverse bunch with varied interests so kids can easily relate to the characters. Felix is a vegetarian, Izzy is a picky eater and loves to cook for his diabetic sister, Ari uses her cooking skills to volunteer at kid's charities, Gabby is bilingual, speaking both Spanish and English, and Marvin is an aspiring chef.


You are able to purchase several different items from the HandStand Kids website. There are cookbooks, aprons, oven mitts, chefs hats,  and all purpose mats. They offer everything that any little kid would need to have fun in the kitchen.

For review, I was sent the Mexican Cookbook, which also came with an oven mitt and apron. Now the only thing I have to get is a chef hat and my kids will have the complete set of accessories. I was really impressed with the quality of the material, it is thick and durable. The apron and oven mitt really hold up to washing, drying, and very many uses. 

The apron ties in the back and has an over sized pocket that's great for carrying utensils and other things in. The colors are very bold and the pictures throughout the apron are perfect for kids. The images are not overly adult. 


The cookbook is also made very well. From the cover and pages, to the illustrations. The cookbook is filled with detailed images and instructions on the food's preparation. The instructions are easy for little kids to understand. The book has a spiral ring that keeps it intact, which I feel makes for a more durable spine than glue. I love that this book offers a whole new world of food and food culture to my kids.


This items are perfect for any little kid. I know that my kids would enjoy any other items that they offer on HandStand Kids.

You can show some love by liking HandStand Kids on Facebook and following them on Twitter.


Where to purchase: You are able to purchase from the HandStand Kids website. Prices will vary depending on the item you purchase. You are also able to purchase from the Bed, Bath & Beyond.


Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...