Thursday, December 29, 2011

Another Earth Blu-ray Review

EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE ANOTHER EARTH

Re-Discover the Sundance Film Festival Favorite
On Blu-ray Combo Pack November 29

Summary: On the night a mirror Earth emerges in the sky, two lives are intertwined in a dramatic incident that will change them both forever.  In his directorial debut, Mike Cahill brings this provocative indie sci-fi film to life with outstanding performances from newcomer Brit Marling (Sound of My Voice) and William Mapother (TV’s “Lost,” World Trade Center).  Winner of the Special Jury Prize & Alfred P. Sloan Film Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, experience all the heartache and passion when ANOTHER EARTH comes to Blu-ray Combo Pack November 29th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. As an added bonus, consumers will receive two tracks from the band Fall On Your Sword, who provided the soundtrack to the film.


This "deeply emotional...extraordinarily profound" (USA Today) film became a must-see sensation at the Sundance Film Festival. "Beautiful, bright and fearless" (Associated Press) newcomer Brit Marling and fan favorite William Mapother (TV's “Lost”) star as Rhoda and John, two people whose worlds collide after a tragic accident. Their intimate drama plays out against the astounding discovery of Earth 2, a parallel world that poses provocative and fascinating possibilities.  Does a new Earth mean a chance at another life? Another destiny?  Another self?  “ANOTHER EARTH is science-fiction at its best" (The Hollywood Reporter) -- with a mind-bending surprise ending that you will never forget. 


I will be honest, I hadn't heard of this movie until my opportunity to review. Oh, what a rare gem I missed out on. I have to say after watching this movie it has become one of my favorite all-time films. The story line, characters, the beauty it represents, everything really comes together nicely. I would have loved to have seen this movie on the big screen, it would have taken my appreciation for the story to the next level. I don't think that this movie played in theaters in my region.

It is unlike anything I have seen in a really long time. This movie offers a deep story line, it is moving, thought provoking, and really gets your emotions stirring. I loved all of the beautiful imagery offered throughout the movie. As you watch, you will catch yourself pondering the what if factors the film inspires, as well as the possibilities. The storyline really offers a second thought and can be a brilliant conversation starter with whoever you watch the movie with. This is truly a movie that I would an Oscar, and this is something I don't say often. I feel that every award that this movie has received is well deserved. I can't wait to take the time and watch it again.



Where to purchase: You are able to purchase from Amazon for $20.99.


You can show some love by following Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment on Twitter.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinions may vary from my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.


0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...