Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Groove Kid Nation "Music in Motion" -- Children's Music CD "Tomoson" Review


My kids love to sing a dance. I remember when they were little my kids would love to fall asleep while listening to music. They loved it so much that they learned at a young age that they love to ride in a car with music. They will sit in the back singing and wiggling in their seats. I as a mom feel that music is a very important part in our kids lives. Music can do so many things for one. It can put you in a great mood, think of a loved one, remember something that you had forgot, and let your imagination run. My kids each have a CD player in their rooms, and it makes me so happy when I hear them listening to their music in their rooms and singing. Groove Kids Nation has been nice enough to send me the Music In Motion CD to review with my kids. Who don't want some groovy kids songs for their kids to dance too?

Groove Kid Nation is an educational children’s music label created by veteran record producer and keyboardist Rodney Lee. The label strives to introduce kids to real musical instruments played by top L.A. musicians. In addition, Lee is also a first-time dad who decided to create what he could not find for his son: music reminiscent of growing up in the funk-filled, soul-infused 1960s and 70s.

Their mission is to create a generation of funky groovy children that can actually play musical instruments and rescue the music world from mediocrity!


Groove Kid Nation's Music in Motion builds on the success of the critically acclaimed first release, The Wheels on the Bus, which received a coveted 2011 Parent's Choice Silver Honor Award. Through groovy classic soul tracks, this mostly original set draws kids into the action with specific instructions on what to do from funny dance moves, to playing air guitar, to responding to musical cues, to simply nodding their heads to the beat. An entirely new band of feline characters known as the Kool Katz guide the fun, and the enclosed 12-page booklet features colorful illustrations of each Kool Kat playing their own instrument.

1. Kool Katz  
2. Itch And Scratch  
3. Go Kat Go  
4. Funky Chicken  
5. Fast And Slow  
6. 4 Little Kittens
7. Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose  
8. Humpty Dumpty  
9. I've Been Playing In A Soul Band
10. Play On It
When I first got the CD Groove Kid Nation "Music in Motion", I wasn't' sure what to expect. I knew my little girl was going to be a huge fan right away with their being cats on the cover. Plus, the booklet was great for the kids to look through. The CD offers great kids songs with easy lyrics, allowing my kids to be able to keep up and groove. The lyrics and the music go together really well, and trust me you will catch yourself singing and swaying along with you kids. 


My kids was really into each and every song. I don't really think they have a favorite because they tend to just listen from the beginning to the end, while having a blast. I love that there are simple and easy instructions on how to dance along with the songs. This allows them to be pysically active while having fun singing. 


The songs allow the kids to determine which instruments are being played, which in return they are also learning the difference in sounds. My kids I feel with the CD have more of a knowledge with instruments and how the sounds are. This CD is great for little ones of all ages.

Groove Kids Nation donates 10% of the wholesale price of each CD to CARE.org, a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty.

Where to purchase: You can order from the Groove Kid Nation website. You are also able to purchase on Amazon for $15.63.

You can show some love by liking them on Facebook.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...