Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shopafrolic – Fall Trends

Bright Colors - This trend has moved from the color blocking trend of the summer into the fall by focusing on wearing matching color hues. Clothes and accessories in the same palette is hottest way to wear color this season. Additionally, you can take this color craze to a new level by wearing them in blocks of color for a graphic look.

Colors: Emerald, Fuchsia, Scarlet, or Canary. The bolder the color or graphic print the better. 

I don't typically wear color blocking myself but I do love color on color! 


White Tuxedo Jacket – Day or night piece of your wardrobe for the fall. This effortlessly chic androgynous look finds strength among the fall collections with its easy silhouettes and creative cuts. Although white is the color for the season, try to experiment with other colors such as pale pink or crimson red when choosing a blazer. Also look for a contrasting collar to add some pop to your jacket.

Colors: White with black or colorful accents. 

I really love the white jackets with black I could really pull this off with the right pair of jeans.
 (From Left: Louis Vuitton, Aquilano.Rimondi, Alberta Ferretti)

60s Mod – Sleek, sculptural pieces with a little volume to add shape. Look for pieces with Peter Pan collars or double-breasted pea coats. Don’t be shy to try white stockings and T-strap pumps to really go all out with this trend.

Colors: Blue, Camel, Orange, Pink, Red, White

I am really digging the jackets with the tall boots. I have always loved the style of the 60's Mod.
Polka Dots– This fun print is being shown in exciting and unexpected ways this season. Just because you are wearing polka dots doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun with color. Play with the print with combinations of color and scale.

Colors: Navy, White, Red, Green, Black, 

Polka Dots isn't something that I have ever been able to pull off. But, my daughter actually has this really cute navy blue and white polka dot skirt with a top. It is really cute.
Fur- Fur-trim coats are all the rage this season keeping you warm and chic. A basic coat instantly gains texture and warmth with touches of plush.  This season fur is also stepping beyond the classic mink coat with multi-colored, striped, and mixed fur pieces. Go wild with this trend.

Colors: B lue fox, red shearling, lambswool, multicolored prints, or even try stripes of color in your fur this season. 

I have never had fur but my little girl has a Gap coat with fur and also a few hoodies with fur that are really cute. 
(From left: Blamain, Prada, Altuzurra)

 Nighttime Shimmer – This look will add sparkle to any dreary fall evening or afternoon. This look is most often found in the form of a cocktail dress, but dare to wear pants, shirts, or even jackets dripping in this liquid shine. You can also mix this look with many of the other trends for the fall such as the Fur trend. This shimmer doesn’t have to come in sequins as you can see in the above looks.

Colors: This look can come in any color, but it always looks good in silver, gold, or black. 

Ok, simmer I can do. I have several tops with shimmer to them. There are also a few black dresses that have simmer to them. I am really excited that this is the thing this year.
70s – Because the 60s weren’t the only ones who knew how to dress. This fall everyone is throwing on their sky high platforms and wide-legged jeans for this look that can go anywhere with you. Velvet and silk are key fabrics for this look, but any blouse can be worn with this playful and chic ensemble. Try a large brimmed hat, a saddle bag, and some oversized sunglasses and you can transport through time.

Colors: Earth tones have been all over the runways for this look in maroon, emerald green, and dark blues, but feel free to play around and get funky with your fall palette. 

I couldn't be happier that platforms and super wide legs are in. I can really pull these off. Plus, I was always a fan of the 70's. I wasn't born yet but looking back I wish I had been for the clothes.

7 Sweet Comments:

  1. I blog frеquently and I genuinely thank you for youг
    content. Τhe аrtiсle has truly peakeԁ my
    interеst. I am goіng to take а note of your sitе
    and keеp сhecking for new infoгmаtіon about oncе per ωeek.
    I subsсribed to youг Feed too.


    http://joԁistaebleг.lіvejouгnal.
    сom/627.html
    My webpage ... bucket trucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Quick queѕtion that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I'm tryіng to fіnd a themе oг
    ρlugin that might be able to correct this prоblem.
    Ιf уou haѵe any recommеndаtions, pleaѕe
    shаre. Thank you!

    httр://blog.lіvablewοrld.org/user/і80equipment
    Here is my webpage ... blog.livableworld.Org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi would you mind ѕharing which blog platform you're using? I'm lοoking tο start my οwn blοg in thе neаг future but I'm having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm lookіng for something cοmplеtelу unique.

    Ρ.Ѕ Mу apοlogies fоr getting оff-topic but I had to аsκ!



    My ωeb blоg: Using a bucket truck
    My website > bucket truck use

    ReplyDelete
  4. If some one wants expert view about blоgging аfter that i advise him/her tο gο to
    see thiѕ wеblog, Keep up the good job.

    Look into my page ... Bucket Trucks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading а post that will make pеople think.
    Also, thanks for alloωing me to commеnt!


    Also visit mу web sitе Tens units

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you fоr any other informatiνe site.
    The placе else may just I gеt thаt kind of informatіon written in
    such an ideаl mеаns? I have a сhallenge that I am sіmрly nοw working
    on, anԁ I've been on the look out for such information.

    Here is my blog: www.efficienttaxiservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gοod way οf explаining, and fastidious aгtіcle to takе іnformatіon
    сοncerning my рresentation fοсus, whіch і
    am gοing to сonvey in ѕchoοl.


    Herе iѕ my page; grapevine taxi service

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...