Friday, September 23, 2011

Shakeology Review

So, the last couple of years I just haven't really felt like myself. Of course it could be me aging, having two little ones, or just life in general. At times, I don't feel like I am eating and taking care of my body in a way to keep my nutritional intake where it needs to be. Which, in turn, leads to me lacking in energy and not feeling right. Energy, well, that is another story. I do know the word ENERGY but just find myself with less and less of it. Sometimes I do feel as if I am working on my last leg. I know a lot of this all falls into how I eat. Sometimes it is "oh well, here is a bag of chips for lunch while I am catching up on a TV show or writing on my blog" which often leads to not eating healthy. So, when Shakeology offered to send me a sample to review, I wanted to see if this would give me back the energy that I have been lacking. Plus, what I read was really intriguing.


About the company: Beachbody has always been about a comprehensive approach to health, fitness and weight loss. We at Beachbody combine challenging video-based fitness programs with easy-to-follow diet guidelines, superior nutritional supplements, and an unparalleled online support system. Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon founded Beachbody in 1998 with the goal of helping people achieve their goals and lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. They've created many of the nation's most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions. Thousands of people have already lost 25 pounds, 40 pounds, and even over 60 pounds while they earned money every time their weight loss inspired someone new to start exercising!With the aid of Michi's Ladder we made eating and nutrition easier to decipher. And now we're making great nutrition simpler than ever to achieve with the launch of Shakeology, a true state-of-the-art breakthrough in nutrition.
Shakeology was launched 2009 offering great benefits like feeling energized, reducing craving, helps lose weight, and improves digestion and regularity. Along with the benefits you can also enjoy two great flavors Chocolate and Greenberry. Shakeology offers daily nutritional benefits that gently eliminate toxins while allowing you to better absorb the essential nutrients that your body needs. This  proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating highly processed foods. While at the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.

When I received my sample through the mail, I did immediately realize that I would not really be able to tell the benefits of weight loss and also regularity. Due to the simple fact that it was a sample for one drink. But, that is ok because there were other aspects of the product that I would be able to share with you. 
The first thing is the smell, it really had a chocolatey smell to it which I am a huge fan of, so I was hooked simply by the smell. I decided to make mine with milk and also ice in the blinder. It does not take long at all to make and the blinder also mixed it much better then what I would had been able to. The first taste was a little different and kind of reminded me of the texture of Carnation Instant Breakfast. Which is no biggy since I love that stuff anyway. So, the texture was perfect for me and mixed well as far as powdered drinks are concerned.
It was quite tasty, it was very rich and left a bit of an after taste. I did feel that it was able to replace a meal as it did feel me up. Along with that I did notice a little surge of energy for the day. Not jittery or unnatural, just a subtle boost similar to waking from a great nights sleep. All in all I would have to say the benefits I got from this product were great, and I am sure that if I had more samples I would have noticed the other benefits it offers. 


Where to purchase: You can order right from the website at Shakeology and prices will vary depending on the products and amount you get. 


You can show some love by liking Shakeology on Facebook.


Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

1 Sweet Comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this!! I really appreciate you!
    And to the readers: if you have any further questions please let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...