Saturday, September 3, 2011

Potato Salad Recipe

So, potato salad is one of those things that is at every cookout or get together meal that my family has. Plus, I know a lot of other family's that are the same way. I would love to share with you the recipe that my family has used for a long time. Not sure where it came from, but I do know that my great grandma cooked it, my grandma and my mom. Now it is me that always cooks it and I will pass it on to my little girl when she gets her own home.


Potato Salad Ingredients:
6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
1/2 cup onion
3/4 cup of sweet pickles
1/2 cup celery

Dressing:
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup pickle juice
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mayonnaise
1 T. mustard
1/2 t. celery seed
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
Oh the many items that we have in our home already!
~STEP 1: is to cut up the 6 cups of potatoes into little cubes, rinse, and put into water to get cooking. Cubes should be 1"x 1" or you can go to what ever size you like the best. It is really up to you.  You will want to cook them until they are almost to the point where they still keep great form but no crunch. Don't forget to put salt in the water when boiling as this flavors the potatoes.

This is just to give you an idea on the chopping size I did. This is just a regular peeling knife.
~ STEP 2: Chop up the 1/2 cup of onion, 3/4 cup of sweet pickles, and the 1/2 cup of celery. You will want to finely chop these, but again what size you want is up too you. I actually use a chopper for these. After these are done put them into a huge bowl as you will be adding the cooked potatoes and the dressing to this later.
~STEP3: You can go a head and get the dressing ingredients into a pot to get ready to cook after the potatoes are done and with step 2 ingredients.

~STEP 4: Once the potatoes are done, drain them and add them to the bowl of step 2 ingredients. Mix well but be careful not to smash the potatoes. 
~STEP 5: Start cooking the dressing, stirring constantly. Once it starts boiling keep stirring for 1 minute. Once this is done pour over the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients. Again stir being really careful not to smash the potatoes. 

~STEP 6: Put a lid on the bowl and place into the refrigerator and get really cold.  

~STEP 7: Eat and Enjoy!



0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...