Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mrs. Dash Review


When cooking I try to figure out ways to elevate the taste of my foods from marinades, meat seasoning, salad dressing, stir fries and so much more. I know we are all happy with the food but sometimes you just simply want that meal to pop in your mouth. Not only do I look for great ways to make my foods go to the next level in taste but I also love to use something that makes my kitchen smell good while cooking and plus eat something that smells great as well. Mrs. Dash offers great smells and great flavors all ready for you to add to what you are cooking.


A little bit of information about the company and the mind behind it: Carol Bernick, Executive Chairman of the Alberto-Culver Company, necessity really was the mother of invention. In the 1980's, when Carol was a marketing exec at the Alberto Culver Co., she was frustrated with the products available to flavor the nutritious meals she prepared at home for her family. She needed a convenient way to flavor the food without using salt. So, Carol got creative in the kitchen and invented a salt-free blend of her own. Working with a variety of spice suppliers, Carol tasted, tested and tweaked until the blend in the bottle was just right. The result is Mrs. Dash Original Blend, now the most popular salt-free blend in the seasoning category.

Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends are available in 14 different varities that can add flavor to any food you are cooking. These non-sulfited herbs and spices are salt-free, all-natural with no MSG. Original Blend, Garlic & Herb, Table Blend, Extra Spicy, Onion & Herb, Lemon Pepper, Italian Medley, Tomato Basil Garlic, Southwest Chipotle, Fiesta Lime, Caribbean Citrus, Steak Grilling Blend, Chicken Grilling Blend, and Hamburger Grilling Blend. Also offered is Mrs. Dash Marinades which are also made in 6 varieties: Zesty Garlic Herb, Lemon Herb Peppercorn, Mesquite Grille, Southwestern Chipotle, Spicy Teriyaki and Garlic Lime.
Another great thing if you aren't familiar with how spices and herbs work and you don't really know what flavors go best with what food, there is something that will help. There is a Recipes tab right on Mrs. Dash website that has tons of recipes and also will tell you what Mrs. Dash seasoning you will need. There are a lot of recipes that I have found that I would love to explore in making with some flavors that I haven't ever tried yet. Each recipe is very well organized with everything you need to know like: prep time, cook time, serving, ingredients, nutrition facts, and directions. Also this comes in a easy print format as well. 


During my review I had the chance to review three different flavors Caribbean Citrus, Original Blend, and Italian Medley. I have tried the original blend in the past and have always been a huge fan. I have used it in my eggs, mashed potatoes, and even on meat. I have always been a fan of the flavor and the taste plus this is great with little ones, that aren't into the really bold flavors yet. For the Italian medley I knew what I wanted to try this blend in right away. I wiped up some home made spaghetti sauce and since I didn't have any fresh herbs I knew this would be great. With the smells while cooking and then after it was cooked and we were all eating, we all were really happy with dinner and were very pleased at how well this flavored the sauce. The Caribbean Citrus I used on chicken since we are big chicken eaters this I thought would be great. While cooking I added some in the marinade I made for the chicken and I also added some onto the chicken while it was cooking. Everytime I walked into the kitchen it made me what dinner to be ready and when I finally got to eat I was really happy with the flavoring. It had a tangy taste which is great with chicken. 


You can Purchase: You can purchase at most stores in your area with a retail price of $3.39 more or less depending on where you purchase these items.

You can show some love by liking Mrs. Dash on Facebook.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...