Friday, April 15, 2011

Tortuga Rum Cake Review

I am pretty sure that by now you can tell me and my family love to try new food products whether it be snacks, sauces, cakes, healthy food the list goes on. I have always wondered what Rum Cakes tasted like I have never had them so when I had the opportunity to review Tortuga Rum Cakes I was super excited for I would finally know what they tasted like. Plus, I had no idea on the taste until I tried them and I am so happy I did because they are so delicious and are going to differently be a new favorite cake of mine.

Tortuga Headquarters is in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands was founded in 1984 as Tortuga Rum Company Ltd. Their family-owned business is proud to be of a long tradition of bringing you the very finest Caribbean rum cakes and gourmet products. Along with being baked in the Caribbean they are made with the finest ingredients. Each cake is individually hand glazed then vacuum packed, ensuring a shelf life of 6 months, or indefinitely if refrigerated or frozen. The only preservative used is their specially blended "5-year-old", oak barrel aged Tortuga Gold Rum.

Rum Cakes come in 4oz six packs, 16oz, and 33 oz rum cakes with several different flavors to choose from. Plus they also offer the taste of Florida Rum Cake which is the orange, coconut, and key lime. 

Not only does Tortuga sell Rum Cakes but they all have some many other products.Coffee's which
Tortuga gourmet coffees are 100% Arabica beans. Roasted and soaked in Tortuga Rum Cream before grinding to absorb maximum flavor. The ‘freshness seal’ locks in the taste to ensure the very finest cup of coffee. Plus, yummy chocolate treats like fudge and truffles.
 So, when I first got them I knew I had to try so of course I waited until the kids went to bed to indulge into my rum cake. The first taste was so delicious that before I knew it the whole thing was gone but that is OK that is what it is for. I had the opportunity to review Tortuga Golden Original and Tortuga Taste of Florida Orange. I was honestly surprised that they were so fresh even after the travel to get to me and the taste was spot on with the freshness of the rum cake. The smell was really nice too. I am one that I see my food first and decide on if I am going to like it, then I go to the smell of the food then I finally taste it. The Tortuga Rum Cake exceeded all expectations but that wasn't too hard since this was my first time eating rum cake.  I loved both cakes but I would have to say the original was my favorite if I had to pick one. I am so happy I had this opportunity.


You can Purchase: Right from their website and prices will vary depending on what you purchase.

You can show some love by liking them on Facebook and following them on Twitter. Also you can sign up for their emails and receive all kinds of great information.

Disclosure: I was sent products for free to review for my honest opinion, from either a PR agency or a company. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: " Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. You can also go here and read my PR Polices. 

2 Sweet Comments:

  1. I love these cakes! The Coconut Rum Cake is my fav. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are surprisingly fresh and moist! YUMMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...