Friday, December 17, 2010

Dutch Meat Loaf Recipe

I am not a meat loaf eater in anyway. For me I don't like ketchup on the top of it. That is my thing  with meat loafs  I have ate them before and that is why I just don't like them. Now I know some people like that which is fine but for me I just can't. So I have been like this since I was little. I have a recipe that was my grandma's, then my mom's and now mine which I just love. Also very happy to share with all of you!
Ok so yes this is a meatloaf made out of scratch and some might be wondering where is the ketchup well there isn't any. Most of this stuff everyone should have already the only thing someone may not have is minced onions which is fine you can use real one's and tomato sauce. OK are we ready for the recipe!

1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef what ever kind you want
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 medium onion
1-8oz. can tomato suace
1 egg
1 1/2t tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 TB. brown sugar
2TB. mustard
1TB. vinger

Lightly mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, 1/2 can tomato sauce, egg and seasonings. Shape into a loaf in a shallow loaf pan. Combine remaining tomato sauce, with rest of the ingredients into a bowl to put to the side.
Bake at 350 F for 1 1/4 hours.
Baste loaf every 15 - 20 minutes with the sauce in the bowl to the side.
A few thing on how I do mine is for the onions I use minced onions because of the kids not liking real onions but it tastes great that way also. Another thing I toast 2 pieces of bread then I put them in my mini chopper and make my own bread crumbs a lot cheaper since I already have bread.
Oh yea it is finally done and it looks so good. Just looking at the picture I can smell it and my mouth is watering. Also what I do is what is left over and there always is with just me and the kids. I divide what is left and put the pieces into freezer bags into their own bag and when I want lunch I just un-freeze it and heat it up in the micorwave like frozen food from Wal-mart. The only difference is I made this and it was a lot cheaper.

I hope you all enjoy my meatloaf I know we sure do!



1 Sweet Comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of meatloaf--sometime it just really hits the spot this looks so good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For The Sweet Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...